Job ID# 100-250
Our Santa Fe, New Mexico-based technology company is the price/performance leader in the publishing industry. We provide a host of products and services to publishers, including an ERP business management system, a web-commerce platform and various other hosted services.
Overview of Duties and Responsibilities
We are seeking an experienced 4D Developer. This is an opportunity for a full-time, work from home long term position for a developer to work on the ACUMEN Book® business management system for publishers. This person will be an important member of the CyberWolf Development Team. The developer will primarily be responsible for system enhancements, test plans, release notes, bug fixes, and the ongoing support of our team of technical consultants. There will also be occasional outward facing contact with publisher clients that require an English speaker with advanced communication and writing skills.
The desired candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in 4D, at least 2 years of experience on a large and complex development project, and solid familiarity with, and understanding of, business processes such as accounting, inventory management, and order processing. The most important qualities we are looking for on the development side is the ability to see and appreciate the big picture, a very strong problem solving capability, coding efficiency and elegance, and the ability to understand and work within the constraints of a system that has been under development since 1986.
This is an interesting and challenging position for the right person with the applicable experience. Self-motivation, integrity, ethics and competency are highly valued personal qualities in the organization’s culture. The ability to effectively communicate with staff, management and clients in a professional and productive manner is essential to succeeding in this key role in the company. Although this is a remote work position, we are seeking a developer located in North America who is available to work 8 hours daily between the core hours 7am and 5pm Mountain Time, Monday through Friday.
- Minimum 5 years 4D development experience; minimum 2 years working on an enterprise-grade application.
- Ability to create specifications, release notes and test plans.
- Ability to develop from a specification someone else has written.
- Superior knowledge of when and how to comment.
- Writes elegant and self-documenting code.
- Know when to functionalize.
- Collaborative problem-solving capabilities.
- Experience working with a team of developers.
- Effective time management in a dynamic environment, and the ability to deliver on stated objectives in a timely fashion.
- Efficient organizational and prioritization skills.
To apply: please send cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Type: Full-time employee
Work Schedule: Standard US business hours
Location: Remote Position
Compensation: Salaried, $95,000 per year
Reference Code: Job ID# 100-250
[ Back to All Positions ]