4D Contract Developer
Job ID# 100-300
Our Santa Fe, New Mexico-based technology company is the price/performance leader in the publishing industry. We provide a host of products and services to publishers, including an ERP business management system, a web-commerce platform and various other hosted services.
Overview of Duties and Responsibilities
We are seeking an experienced 4D Developer. This is a work from home, part time position. The developer will be expected to work about 80 hours per month. There is a possibility that this could evolve into a permanent position should both parties desire that outcome. This person will be an important member of the CyberWolf Development Team. The developer will primarily be responsible for system enhancements, release notes, test plans and bug fixes. There will also be occasional outward facing contact with publisher clients that require an English speaker with advanced communication and writing skills.
The desired candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in 4D, at least 2 years of experience on a large and complex development project, and solid familiarity with, and understanding of, business processes such as accounting, inventory management, and order processing. The most important qualities we are looking for on the development side is the ability to see and appreciate the big picture, a very strong problem solving capability, coding efficiency and elegance, and the ability to understand and work within the constraints of a system that has been under development since 1986.
- Minimum 5 years 4D development experience; minimum 2 years working on an enterprise-grade application.
- Ability to create specifications, release notes and test plans.
- Ability to develop from a specification someone else has written.
- Superior knowledge of when and how to comment.
- Writes elegant and self-documenting code.
- Know when to functionalize.
- Collaborative problem-solving capabilities.
- Experience working with a team of developers.
- Effective time management in a dynamic environment, and the ability to deliver on stated objectives in a timely fashion.
- Efficient organizational and prioritization skills.
To apply: please send cover letter and résumé to email@example.com
Position Type: Part-time contractor. Projected duration: 15-24 months.
Work Schedule: Flexible
Location: Remote Position
Compensation: Hourly, TBD
Reference Code: Job ID# 100-300
[ Back to All Positions ]